Thursday, July 15, 2010

The First of the Month is Not a Suggestion.

I am a landlord.   As a landlord I count on the rents received from my rental properties to pay for the plethora of expenses associated with operating my rental properties.  If you are like me, very, very little of that rent is profit- at least these days

So… Last Friday was the 9th of the month and I had the not so pleasurable responsibility of delivering several Demand for Rent notices to my tenants.   Would you believe that one of them actually got mad.   She marched down to my office, with her rent by the way, and actually had the audacity to reprimand one of the agents in my office (I also operate a real estate services company, where we broker and manage property for clients).  My associate is an experienced landlord and handled the situation well... 
 
Is their a politically correct way to inform the tenant that “The first of the month is not a suggestion”?
  
I guess we’ll see if the message was delivered next month

No comments:

Post a Comment